Can child support be modified if the child support paying parent loses his/her job?


If the child support paying parent loses their job or experiences a significant change in income, he/she can seek a modification of child support based on their changed financial circumstances. There could be an exception to this, if the job loss or termination was done voluntarily, to suppress income, in which case the court would impute income/income ability in determining such a modification request.

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to content