What should I do if I suspect parental alienation?


If you suspect parental alienation, where one parent manipulates the child to reject the other parent, it is important to document any evidence and consult with an attorney. The court may address parental alienation allegations and take appropriate action to protect the child’s relationship with both parents. It would be prudent and, in some cases, necessary to engage a forensic mental health professional as an expert witness to weigh in on the alienation issue (as an expert witness) or request a court ordered Child Custody Evaluation to assess the alleged alienation tactics and the impact on the child(ren).

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to content